A lead is a potential customer whom you are trying to turn into a contact/customer. Leads can be accessed in the Navigation Menu. It is also accessible from dashboard gadgets.
How to create a new lead:
- Click on Leads on the Navigation Menu, select “New”, and fill in the ensuing Basic Information form, and “Save”.
- On the Lead list page, select lead by “Name”
- On the Lead profile page, select any action desired… send an Email, schedule an Appointment (Meet button), create a Task, a Note or even make a call, or send messages by clicking on any of the respective buttons
Here’s the default Lead status steps for conversion of a lead to a contact/customer:
Note: You may add/remove/modify steps as desired in Settings -> Customize -> Lead Status.
How to convert Lead to contact/customer:
- Click on the “Convert” button;
- Check the last name and company name;
- You may create an opportunity and/or project from a lead by selecting either of the following options:
Preview activities on the Lead:
The Lead profile page will give you a preview of all your daily activities concerning any specific lead:
Appointments versus Invite to meet
Meetings with the Lead/Contact/Customer can be scheduled through the “Meet” button or “Appointment” tab, whereas by selecting the “Invite to Meet”button and filling the form that appears, the Lead/Contact/Customer can be asked to set the time and date of a meeting you wish to have with them.
Tagging lets you quickly sort, filter, segment, and target contacts/customers with campaigns designed around their specific interests and actions.
How to import data:
Before you start an import, create a source list of the data to be imported through Google, Excel, CVS files.
Then, in Settings, select Import Data from the Navigation Menu.
Click on NEXT and map* your data, giving it a name or tag, and SAVE.